Dear Alertathon Runner,
Thank you so much for registering for the 5th edition of the Alertathon and pledging your support to the #Run2SaveALife cause.
The following sections contain the important Expo and Event day information and we request you to carefully go through all the sections and understand the contents. Kindly feel free to write to [email protected] if you have any questions.
Happy running & Cheers,
Coach Kay, (Kannan Sundararajan), (KaysFIT Academy),
Alertathon’19 Race Director
Alertathon is an awareness running event with a theme “Run to save a life”. Alertathon is organized by Alert, an NGO based in Chennai evangelizing the cause of Saving Lives and encouraging everyone to take up healthy and fit way of living through an active lifestyle, and most importantly get trained in emergency care to Save Lives!
ALERT is an NGO working to ensure ‘Right to Life’ a reality in India by empowering common man to act in case of an emergency. ALERT trains the common man on Emergency care on one hand & collaborates with stakeholders like hospitals, ambulances, legal & enforcement & government bodies to better the emergency response eco-system.
The fifth edition of Alertathon is scheduled on the 10-Nov-2019, Sunday. It is a timed running & walking event with 5k & 10k categories. This year, for the first time we have also introduced a new fun relay event category for family and friends called as the Chain of Survival 4×2.5k relay to emphasize the key aspects of saving lives in a collaborative manner with the help of many individuals.
This event is going to be a fun running course for the regular runners and an opportunity for the newbies to take up fitness actively by running and walking and also getting inspired by other runners.
You will get an opportunity to do all these things while learning more about the importance of emergency care and saving lives.
Expo time: 11.00 am to 5.00 pm
Venue: Decathalon, Ramee Mall, Mount Road, Teynampet, Chennai
You must present your registration confirmation message/email and a valid Photo ID before collecting your BIB.
If you can’t come to collect your BIB you can authorize someone else to collect the same by sending an authorization email to that person from your registered email address along with the booking confirmation.
Event kit contents
- Cool souvenir T-shirt
- Finisher medal
- Vouchers & Goodies from Partners
- an opportunity to learn basic life saving techniques
Race day information
Start & Finish point: Olcott Memorial School, Besant Nagar, Chennai
Event start time (flag off): 5.30 am FOR 10k , 5k & COS
Reporting time: 4.45 am, The course will be open till 7.30 am
All runners will get a finisher medal, SMS notification (if your mobile number is given) & E-Certificate
Reaching the venue/Parking
There is a limited parking arrangement available in the nearby facilities. We encourage you to car-pool to the venue. Volunteers will be available to assist you with the parking arrangements. NO VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED INSIDE THE Olcott Memorial School.
Start & Finish point arrangements (inside the venue)
- Warm-up zone
- Medical, First Aid & recovery tent
- Rest area
- Aid Station with electrolyte & water
- Breakfast (from our partner ECO Kitchen)
- Sponsor stalls
- Baggage counters
Alertathon’19 is a timed event (as service provided by our timing partner MyRace) and the timing mats will be placed at the start and at the 5k loop point for the 10k runners. The 5k runners will take a loop at the 2.5k mark where clear U’Turn signage will be placed (also there will be volunteers to support you). There will be no timing mat at the 2.5 km U-turn point.
You will be marked DNF (did not finish) if your timing records are not registered.
Please check your timing chip affixed at the back of the bib. Do not tamper or remove the protective sponge on top of the timing chip. The Bib must be clearly visible and must be affixed by pins in front of your t-shirt and worn at all times during the event.
Your finish timing results will be shared with you by our timing partner with an SMS message post the event. The official timing records and certificates will be shared with you within 2-3 days of the event. Runners participating in the event without the timing chip will not receive their finish time.
Alertathon is not a performance race and there is no cash prize for the winners. At the same time we are excited to announce that we will be recognizing those podium finishers across many categories and age groups through certificates and plaques.
Only winners wearing valid event day BIB with valid timing chip will be recognized.
Winners will be identified by the race director along with the timing partner and will be recognized during the awards ceremony.
Our volunteer photographers will be available at the expo and also at the race venue Star/Finish area and also at various points at the course. Smile always, you never know when that moment will be captured. All the photos will be shared on our social media pages 2-3 days after the event completion.
- Do not participate in this event if you have been sick or have any kind of infection in the two weeks prior to race day.
- No pets & bicycles are permitted in the route
- Include emergency contact details on the back of your race bib, this will ensure event organizers can get in contact with your emergency contact if necessary
- The race will have limited traffic blockage and be watchful all the time to look for bandit motorists. Exercise caution while crossing junctions and intersections. Follow the instructions provided by the route marshals.
- All participants must be wearing the correct race number to ensure that we have the correct medical and emergency details if an incident were to occur. Do not wear someone else BIB number.
- Please refrain from using portable music devices. The use of mp3 players while participating have inherent risks and as such and we strongly discourage their usage
- The weather is expected to humid but pleasant. Stay hydrated the whole of Saturday and hydrate to thirst during the event.
- Alert VoICE (Volunteer in case of emergency) responders will be available in all the aid-stations, start/finish area. We will also be supported by Apollo hospitals medical team. Feel free to approach them if you have (or even anticipate) any medical issues.
- Should you injure during the event, please seek immediate help, approach the volunteers/route marshals. Alternatively, you can contact the event team +919620387654 / +919944066004
Sufficiently stocked aid stations are available every 2 km. The aid-station volunteers will be available to provide you with any assistance you may require during the run.
All aid stations will contain,
- Fast & Up re-load electrolyte pre-mix
- Lemon/ Salt
- First-Aid Kit
- South-Indian breakfast will be served at the finish line by our food partner Eco Kitchen
- The medical tent will have the first-aid and other event day emergency support from Apollo Hospitals, our Medical Partner
- Rest area will also have Physiotherapy assistance from our partner SPARRC institute
- Prizes will be distributed from 7 AM onward
- Photo booth
- Rest area & toilets
Food waste & trash
Alertathon will take extra care in providing an eco-friendly event. We are partnering with Trash Troopers segregating the waster (wet vs. dry) in the respective garbage bins.
Do not throw gel packets, chocolate wrappers or any trash on the running route. Use the designated bins for dry and wet waste to dispose of the waste responsibly.
Our volunteers will be available to guide you in case if you need any support.